devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Lightning talk about Sympa Hackathon at German Perl Workshop

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Alexandre Franke <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Lightning talk about Sympa Hackathon at German Perl Workshop
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 11:02:02 +0200

Hi,

I’ll try not to make this too long and boring. Let me know if you need
more details on specific parts.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
<address@concealed> wrote:
> * information about the Hackathon and Straßburg as destination

I can only speak about the city.

# Strasbourg

The city history is incredibly rich and goes back to 10000BC, with the
first permanent settlement around 1300BC. This shows in the
architectural diversity (medieval half timbered houses in the Petite
France and colossal stone buildings from the Kaiser Wilhelm era in the
Neustadt are just two examples). Of course there’s also the unique
cathedral which is architecturally diverse itself since it was built
over a period of 500 years.

It is also the capital of Europe and the European institutions are
worth a visit.

# Alsace

For those who fancy extending their stay, visiting the region is also
worth it. I won’t go into too much details but to sum it up in a few
words: vinyards, (white) wine tasting, mountains, castles.

# Transportation

As a German speaker can easily infer, its name means that the city is
at the crossing of roads so Strasbourg is quite easy to get to. Since
I expect most of the workshop attendees to be German, they’ll probably
be more interested to know that it’s well connected to German rail. A
local airport is also available for those who want other options, and
one could even land in Baden-Baden, Frankfurt or Basel and do the rest
by train.

> * pictures

A few I hand picked from wikipedia:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg#/media/File:Strasbourg_rue_Merci%C3%A8re_30_ao%C3%BBt_2013.jpg
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg#/media/File:Strasbourg_Petite-France_place_Benjamin-Zix_septembre_2015.jpg
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg#/media/File:Strasbourg_River_Ill.jpg
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg#/media/File:Strasbourg_place_de_l%E2%80%99Homme-de-Fer_novembre_2013_03.jpg
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Europaparlament.JPG

You can find more at
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg_-_Strossburi_-_Stra%C3%9Fburg
and I’m happy to look up pictures if you have specific needs in mind.

> * any else that might entice people to come

Hope this helps. Let me know if you think there’s something I didn’t
cover as far as the non-hackathon part goes.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director