devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] using (or not) dzil or any other authoring assistant ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] using (or not) dzil or any other authoring assistant ?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 18:20:01 +0100

hello racke,

sorry i replied while your answer came.

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 05:20:55PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> Dzil is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, but actually
> I don't like it very much. It is not easy to understand and it
> couldn't find good howtos when I got into it.

> Sometimes it just doesn't work and the problem isn't obvious.

i have to admit i never have to complain about it. have you any exemple?

> IMHO it is definitely overkill for a very small module like Sympatic.

i wasn't talking about sympatic. as i was still thinking about spliting
sympa in multiple components, we should think about shipping them
separatly at some point. the ultimate goal should be to deploy some
tools just using

cpanm App::Sympa::ThisAwesomeComponent

however at this point i don't know how far we can be close to this goal
at some point.

regards
marc