devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] using (or not) dzil or any other authoring assistant ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] using (or not) dzil or any other authoring assistant ?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 16:26:38 +0100

Hi,

I have no opinion on any tool as I never authored any CPAN module.

How do cool Perl developers maintain their modules nowadays?

Regards,

David

On 27/02/2018 12:14, Marc Chantreux wrote:
hello,

are some people against the use of dzil to maintain packages like
Task::Sympa and Sympatic ?

i wasn't full time job perl developer since circa 2011. at this time,
dzil was a very good alternative to module-starter. now it seems
new tools happened and some people became just fan of maintaining
modules via the edition of Makefile.PL and cpan-upload.

i have no opinion on that. i started to use Makefile.PL to avoid new
dependencies in the build process. On my own, i'll go to dzil just
because i remember it saves me a lot of time and it is easy to share
good practices from one project to one other (just updating modules).

i'll be glad to read if any of you have an opinion about it.

regards
marc

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."