devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] (introducing DBIx::Class) Re: [sympa-community/sympa] Deprecate datetime field type in database (#223)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] (introducing DBIx::Class) Re: [sympa-community/sympa] Deprecate datetime field type in database (#223)
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 17:52:18 +0100

hello,

> It reflects the database structure at the time of the hackathon. Looks
> like I'm going to need to upgrade it soon ...
> BTW: I really think the DBIx::Class schema should live in a different
> repository.

so do i but then i have some questions about versioning and deploying

* is it possible (and is it a good idea) maintain different versions of
the schema into a single repo? (sympa 6.2, sympa6.4, sympa7, ...).
* how do you plan to ship it? it will be included in the sympa tarball?
a cpan module ?

regards
marc