devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] How to test Sympa ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] How to test Sympa ?
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 14:44:35 +0200

Hi,

On 04/10/2017 14:26, Marc Chantreux wrote:
hello,

Well, not yet, but a friend and I are working on a vagrant+ansible
build of a development environment.
good to know. be public asap as you probably could have help from the
sympa community (as we need it for ourselves).

is it based on debian packaging ? it would be nice to have a mechanism
to install sympa from aptitude then switch to the sources. this is
something i really would like to investigate.
Nope. It's based on the sources, (configure;make;make install).
Though if the project is good enough, we might try to integrate it to Debops (https://github.com/debops) as we work with Debian images.

Also: what is the best branch to work on? master? sympa-6.2? The latest tag?
the best practice for the moment is to create a feature branch from sympa-6.2
then code and pull request.

regards

--
"Mieux vaut viser la perfection et la rater que viser la médiocrité et
l'atteindre."