devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [6.2.17] Release announcement of beta

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [6.2.17] Release announcement of beta
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 18:25:24 +0200

hello Soji,

> We have to post announcement to sympa-announce (umbrella list
> including several lists related to Sympa).
> sympa-6.2.17b.1.

We need to reuse a previous announce as model so as a prerequisit, we
need to

https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-announce/2016-02/msg00001.html

* list all the bugs fixed and feature improvements done
since the 6.2.16

* tag a commit on 6.2 branch as beta and download a distribution
on sympa.org

we probably should ask RENATER for it (Etienne at the rescue!)

> * Submit issues / PR to GitHub project

I think we have to say that we all agreed during the hackathon this is a
temporary situation and we need to discuss about the final one (i'm
betting on RENATER again ... i expect very good news this summer)

> * E-mail to developers: sympa-developpers?

this doesn't change, i guess ?

> * SourceSup issue tracker was no longer used. (is it ok?)

hell yes!

> Debug phase will begin in Monday, 29th May 2017.
> 6.2.17 is planned to be released in Sunday, 25th June 2017.

> * How to install and test RC
> * Docker stack (dotmobo?)

François Menabe started to work on it but we're far from a working stuff

> * Debian package (racke?)

well ... stretch (the next stable) will be released with 6.16.

> * RPM (ikedas)
> http://sympa-ja.org/download/rhel/
> note: Packages for RHEL/CentOS 5 are no longer provided.

ack

> * From the source: See the manual
> http://www.sympa.org/manual/installing-sympa

> * New translation site
> https://translate.sympa.org/
> note: You must sign up again.

ok ... about that: some news from RENATER ?

> * Sympa NG
> * What's going on.
> * When or how will it emerge.

this is a post i did somewhere in the repo. and this is still a WIP.
Sorry about it.

marc