devel - [sympa-developpers] Sympa meeting minutes

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Sympa meeting minutes
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:50:01 +0100

Dear all,

Marc, Étienne and I had a short meeting yesterday. Here is the compilation of my notes and Marc's.

Marc wrote some communications in French and English about Perlists.pm.
Soji, now that this service is live, feel free to comunicate about it in Japan, to monger groups or any Perl-related community. They are welcome here.
Here is the link to Marc's English communication: http://ramirez.u-strasbg.fr/e/posts/2015/eiro.github.io/posts/2015/Host_your_perl_project_on_perlists_en_.html

Merc requires access to a publis server with a 6.2 running. To work on several fixes in the Sympa web GUI.
We have pre-listes.renater.fr here that would do, but we need authorization from our security team for it.

We might propose and article on the topic "
what's new in Sympa 6.2 ?" for the French perl workshop.

Soji, if I recall correctly, I sent you my slides from YAPC::EU 2014. Do you need additional informations? Do you plan to make a presentation about Sympa?
By all means, use whatever you need from my slides if you need them.

We might do a hackathoon before the French Perl Workshop. Guillaume: do you think you could have us a room for this at INRIA, like we did in October?

Sympa 7.0 planning:

I roughly distinguished these tasks for Sympa 7.0 to be complete (Étienne and Marc, don't be surprised the dates changes, I spent some time today rethinking them):
  • Refactoring:
  • Moving 6.2 changes to trunk: 8 days
  • Getting the "big picture" of refactoring tasks: 1 day
  • Refactoring itself: 30 days
  • Setting up tests: 3 days
Interfaces orthogonalization:
  • Move to Plack and/or Dancer2: 8 days (the decision Plack / Dancer2 needs to be discussed at next meeting)
  • Adapting all interfaces to use the API: 16 days
Automating tests within Jenkins: 4 days Testing new version: 2 days alpha test: 2 months beta test: two month
Here are the dates I expect:

  • May 2015: most of the refactoring on Email and User is done, leaving place to Soji to start working on i18ned email addresses
  • End of October 2015: Refactoring is over
  • End of December 2015: Interfaces orthogonalization is over
  • End of January 2016: Tests are over, alpha phase starts
  • End of March 2016: alpha is over, beta starts
  • End of May 2016: Beta is over. Stable release.

Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21