devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Questionable items in test matrix

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Questionable items in test matrix
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:38:47 +0200

Hi Soji,

Le 22/10/14 11:46, IKEDA, Soji a écrit :
Hi,

On columns e (sending from the web to me) and g (sending newsletter to me) of
test matrix, some features seem not be required:

17 (merge)
24 (adding header)
25 (adding footer)
- I don't know if the user try to merge or decorate the messages sent only to
  themselves.
There's an actual use case : testing merge effects on the user's data. People can test whether data will be correctly used on a merged message before sending it to the list.
By the way, did you see that Steve Shipway sent a patch for a merge test mode? Looks nice. It does not directly concern web sending, though.

18 (topics)
- Ditto to above.  Additionally, automatically tagged topics will never be
used
  by any lists.
Topics is 19. I was confused for a second, there. ;)
This one is actually probably useless. I don't see users testing topics tagging. Or so few users it's - sadly - not worth testing it.

26 (adding custom subject)
- Ditto to above.  Additionally, [%list.sequence%] cannot work.
Same as 19. We don't care.
22 (reply from archives to list) - They are just nonsense.
Indeed. People could be twisted, but not that way.

I propose that these items in columns e and g will be abandoned.
Yes, let's drop all of them, except merge.

Oh, and Étienne just got some time to test Sympa over the next four or five days. I expect his effort to be enough to finalize the 6.2.

Our plan: until the end of next week, Étienne tests - and possibly fix bugs on - the 6.2.
On 4th November, we install the final 6.2 on our production environment.
The week after, the 6.2 is beta. One week of fighting the madness that our production environment is is way enough to have a working beta.

In other words: FINALLY !

Best regards,

David

Regards,

--- Soji

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21