devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Automating tests

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Automating tests
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:25:13 +0200

Hi Soji,

Le 08/09/14 10:53, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi developers,

What I worked about in August:

- Adopting Crypt-SMIME to support S/MIME features: OpenSSL is no
  longer mandatory (libcrypto is still needed, though).
Great. So this topic is fixed. I'm happy with it.

- Catching up layout changes in trunk by Guillaume: Still in the
  middle.
Good, that will ease moving bug fixes to the trunk.

- Refactoring about message workflow: As a result, messages may be
  encrypted after personalization (hopefully. I've not made test
  cases).
That's good. Obviously, S/MIME signed messages should not be personnalized whatever.

In this week, I plan to make refactoring on bulk spool: Switch
from SQL tables to filesystem.  As required functions have already
been prepared, this work will finish in a week.
No. I'm sorry, but this is a veto here.
There is no added value to moving bulk spool to file system for the 6.2 version. In addition, some people already use the database features to distribute message distribution accross several servers. So moving to filesystem will force them to change their architecture, get a distributed filesystem, check for NFS locks and such.
This is clearly a change that is likely to unstabilize the 6.2 branch and our aim right now is to stabilize it.

I want the 6.2 ready for beta in two weeks. That leaves us enough time to fix the remnant bugs, catch up with the version producytion process (that was borken when I had to install the new Pootle version) and run the new version in production for a while. It is really important that we finally issue the 6.2, even if the code doesn't look like you would like to. Keep in mind that we can add a lot of improvments in future 7.x version, but the 6.2 is awaited for too long (almost four years!). We can't wait anymore. That would endanger the whole project.
So please, keep this feature for 7.x version.

Afterwards, I'll fill up test matrix.  Here is the cases currently
filled by me: http://sympa-ja.org/tests/sympa-tests.tar.bz2
I had a look at the matrix. It looks good. I'm testing it too, so hopefully, the beta production will speed up.

Best regards,

David

Regards,

--- Soji

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21