devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[11189] trunk/src/lib/Sympa/Message.pm: [dev] simplification: no need to use a fifo, a simple temporary file with strict permission is enough

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[11189] trunk/src/lib/Sympa/Message.pm: [dev] simplification: no need to use a fifo, a simple temporary file with strict permission is enough
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:28:02 +0200

Le 22/07/2014 03:58, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi,

I prefer to on-memory processing. I suppose secure information such
as private keys would not be unneccessarily written into storage if
at all possible --- even if they are removed soon, random blocks of
disk will keep information --- let alone passphrases.
If you're able to access the content of a file owned by Sympa uid, with owner-only read permission, you may as well read sympa configuration file directly, where this password is also available. So why bother with a FIFO here ?
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information