devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Failed unit tests

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Failed unit tests
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:37:01 +0200

Le 03/07/2014 08:05, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
-------- >8 ------------ >8 ------------ >8 ------------
t/tools_file.t .. 1/25 err tools::set_file_rights() User none can't be found
in passwd file
err tools::set_file_rights() Group none can't be found
err tools::set_file_rights() Group none can't be found
err tools::set_file_rights() User none can't be found in passwd file
Use of uninitialized value $mode in mkdir at src/lib/tools.pm line 654.
Use of uninitialized value $mode in mkdir at src/lib/tools.pm line 654.
No idea here. The first set_file() usage should do nothing, but not return an error status, as the result is compliant with the request.

The warnings on stderr about non-existing user and group are unrelated, as they are triggered by the following tests, that expect a failure.

# Failed test 'mkdir_all first element, no mode'
# at t/tools_file.t line 92.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 25.
t/tools_file.t .. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/25 subtests
This one fails because the function fails when creating the second directory, but already created the first one. This partial result should be considered bogus, and I fixed it in commit #10581.

------------ 8< ------------ 8< ------------ 8< ------------

------------ >8 ------------ >8 ------------ >8 ------------
t/tools_time.t .. 1/21
# Failed test 'date_conv ARRAY(0x39f5598)'
# at t/tools_time.t line 95.
# got: '1325368800'
# expected: '1325372400'
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 21.
t/tools_time.t .. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Failed 1/21 subtests
I don't even understand how this function result should be interpreted :)

I just generated results once, and considered them as "correct", which is merely useful to detect implementation change side-effect.
If you have a better idea about the intent of this function, I'd be delighted to provided a more meaningful version using DateTime framework.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information