devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10684] trunk: [dev] rename TaskInstruction class to Instruction

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10684] trunk: [dev] rename TaskInstruction class to Instruction
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:39:34 +0200

Le 19/06/2014 10:21, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
What kind of instruction is it?
Feel free to document it, there is a whole "DESCRIPTION" POD section for this purpose.

With generic name "instruction", it is difficult to know it is used
solely by Task module, and it will be problematic when someone try
to implement the other "instruction".
Just because it is only used from Task class currently doesn't mean it has to. And if we ever have another use case, we'll take care of either making Instruction class really agnostic, or split it between Instruction::Task and Instruction::SomethingElse.

But currently, that's just not the case, and I don't want to make the code less readable for hypothetical issues.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information