devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10828] trunk/t/Language.t: [dev] no need to re-add standard @INC, but relative path for src/lib helps executing the tests manually

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10828] trunk/t/Language.t: [dev] no need to re-add standard @INC, but relative path for src/lib helps executing the tests manually
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 15:07:30 +0200

Le 06/06/2014 14:15, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
I suppose we may not have to add any of these:
executable bit, sh-bang, FindBin and -I option for child processes.
And you're perfectly right, none of those elements are mandatory. They are just useful for some people (me, at least), with a near 0 additional complexity cost.

David, Etienne, do you have any opinion about this fundamental issue before this turn into yet another holy war ?

For a short summary:
- shellbang + executable bits allows to run the test scripts as 't/Language.t' instead of 'perl t/Language.t', at the cost of one additional line of code and a file permission bit.

- Findbin usage allows to run the test scripts as 'perl t/Language.t' instead of 'perl -I src/lib t/Language.t' or 'PERL5LIB=src/lib t/Language.t', at the cost of two additional line of code.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information