devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10581] trunk: [dev] use 0777 as default mode, to fix usage with undefine value

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10581] trunk: [dev] use 0777 as default mode, to fix usage with undefine value
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:51:13 +0200

Le 03/06/2014 14:41, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
It is irritated for me that mkdir_all() ignores umask, because
some spools etc. expose their content to all the users.
This function always ignored umask before creating a directory. This commit doesn't change anything in this respect, it just avoid unsetting (and subsequently restoring it) when not needed, ie before recursing.

Removing this umask alteration will just result than operational permissions on created directory won't match parameters of the function, but the result of umask & parameters. I have no actual opinion on this topic.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information