devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] WEUARGH !!!! CPAN help please!

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] WEUARGH !!!! CPAN help please!
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 15:08:41 +0200

Le 28/05/2014 14:53, David Verdin a écrit :
Another step forward: I tried to run cpan alone: no segmentation fault.
So the problem is coming from sympa_wizard.pl.
Easy suggestion: drop the related code from sympa_wizard.pl, and advise user to use any CPAN client (cpan, cpanminus, cpanplus...) directly. Especially as the Task::Sympa bundles is supposed to make this far easier.

However, when trying to install DateTime::Format::Mail, here is the
output (the same as at the beginning). does it mean that dependencies
are wrongly defined in thios module or that I miss something in mys cpan
config?
Apparently, DateTime::TimeZone::Local uses Class::Load, but DateTime-TimeZone distributions has the correct dependency in Makefile.PL, so you should have it installed. I'd incriminate a dependency ordering issue in your CPAN client.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information