devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Support for systemd

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Support for systemd
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 01:16:46 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:48:12 +0100
Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:

> Le 12/03/2014 16:19, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
> > Developers,
> >
> > I'm trying to catch up systemd(1) support that was adopted by Fedora
> > and will be shipped with coming RHEL7. I wish to add it to 6.2 if
> > possible (See attachments).
> No need to reinvent the wheel, systemd is perfectly able to manage
> services based on multiple individual components, such as nfs for instance.
>
> Here is the current implementation in mageia, in usage since july 2012:
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/sympa/current/SOURCES/

It is close to what I seeked. I didn't come to realize using
"forking" type. I want to know how to control which daemons would
be run --- by customizing "Wants" lines?

However, since current init script uses non-general method to find
running processes, some kind of improvement may be desirable.

Anyhow, where would such files be placed in source tree, if we
adopt them?

Regards,

--- Soji

--