devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10197] branches/sympa-6.1-branch: [-release]Preparing version 6.1.18

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10197] branches/sympa-6.1-branch: [-release]Preparing version 6.1.18
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:59:49 +0100

Le 24/01/14 15:50, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi,

I heard release of sympa-6.1.18 is in February.  I'd not committed
several bug fixes.

Sorry Soji. I said I wanted to release 6.1.18 as soon as possible. I'm deeply sorry if I didn't make me clear.

However it is not really a problem: we can issue a 6.1.19 whenever we wat to. Just tak your time to fix bugs. We can release a 6.1.19 next month when you feel it's OK.
And I have the perfect opportunity to test all the fixes and changes in 6.1.18 : We organize a training session next week. So I will make the trainees use the new 6.1.18 and make sure all the changes we did are OK. Then I will announce the 6.1.18.

Now that you tackle the issue of version, I had a talk with my management this week and this what they want me to do in terms of Symp releases this year:

6.1: as many versions a I want,
6.2: beta by the end of February, stable by the end of April
7.0: stable by the end of June
7.1: beta by the end of December.

7.0 should contain refactoring only - and introduction of unit tests.
7.1 should contain all the pre-requisites for SaaS, namely the possibility to edit all configs through the web.

what's tou're feeling about this schedule? What would you like to see introduces in the 7.1, considering the timing I was imposed by my management?

Best regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21