devel - [sympa-developpers] Copyright notice

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Copyright notice
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:56:36 +0900

Guillaume, I'd like to make some requests for you.

First,

* Everyone often mislead that what they don't understand is less
important. That's why we should be careful to change things
done by others.

I don't know true reason to use comma instead of dash in copyright
notice. Obviously, this fact doesn't mean that dash is better, does
it?

Should we discuss about usage of dash?

We _may_ discuss about license. However, if we really want to
investigate usefulness of license, its copyrigth notice,
statement of permission and their format, we would be better to ask
the expert. Because, we are laymans in this issue.

Otherwise, if we don't want to do such, we should stop talking
about punctuations and should follow appropriate guideline.

GPL Howto says that usage of dash is okey "if and only if (...)
you make an explicit statement in your documentation about this
usage".
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Thus, I suppose we would be better to use comma.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児
〒231-0004 神奈川県横浜市中区元浜町3-21-2 ヘリオス関内ビル7F

  • [sympa-developpers] Copyright notice, IKEDA Soji, 01/21/2014