devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10085] trunk: [dev] move all perl modules in the same src/ lib directory

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10085] trunk: [dev] move all perl modules in the same src/ lib directory
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:35:11 +0900

Again, a happy new year Guiilaume,

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:00:19 +0100
Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:

> Le 02/01/2014 12:39, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
> > All,
> >
> > A happy new year!
> >

> > And Guillaume.
> >
> > Stop.
> >
> > Before you move files, please talk us your plan of refactoring.
> > I have some proposal to your works on sympa-cleanup brahch.
> I'm just applying the plan which has been already discuted in november,
> using the source layout you suggested. That just involves file moving,
> and ensuring consistent svn properties and file headers as first step.
>
> The second step involves fixing indentation, using conventions agreed
> earlier, and performing basic syntax cleanup (dropping &function()
> syntax, enforcing plain name for magic variables, and direct object
> syntax for constructors).
>
> Sofar, there is no refactoring involved. Does it really need to be
> discussed again ?

Year, but current trunk seems not really working (I suppose).

sympa-6.2-branch has been rollbacked. The steps I hoped to propose
after vacation are:

1. Merge fixes in sympa-6.1-branch to sympa-6.2-branch and than trunc.

2. Apply reordering and renaming on sympa-cleanup branch to current
sympa-6.2-branch. Then, merge it to trunc.

3. Begin to add new features (including what rollbacked in old
sympa-6.2-branch) to current 6.2-branch.

4. New functions will be merged to trunk in near future.

> > But unfortunately, I'm in new year vacation (in Japan, a few days
> > before and after arrival of new year, all works in the country
> > stops). Please give me a few days to respond you.
> );
> As we all have strongly disconnected schedules, this won't scale much if
> we have to wait each other approval before every single move. My
> unability to work on sympa during last two monthes, and even just to
> contribute to the discussion, for instance, is a perfect example of
> preventing everyone else if we apply this model too strictly.
>
> We use a version control system, allowing to eventually revert changes
> if needed, and we have post-commit notifications, allowing peer code
> review. I think that make pretty safe to commit at least trivial
> changes, and discuss them thereafter if really needed. Of course,
> everyone has a different understanding of what 'trivial' means :)

You are right.

But now we (you and I) have all privileges on Sympa repository tree.
Probably you may create a now branch to modify current codes,
test new idea and propose comments on it (I can be wrong, because I
haven't checked it).

...Uh, my brain no longer works. See you all in the next week.

Cheers,

-- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児