devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10085] trunk: [dev] move all perl modules in the same src/ lib directory

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[10085] trunk: [dev] move all perl modules in the same src/ lib directory
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:00:19 +0100

Le 02/01/2014 12:39, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
All,

A happy new year!

And Guillaume.

Stop.

Before you move files, please talk us your plan of refactoring.
I have some proposal to your works on sympa-cleanup brahch.
I'm just applying the plan which has been already discuted in november, using the source layout you suggested. That just involves file moving, and ensuring consistent svn properties and file headers as first step.

The second step involves fixing indentation, using conventions agreed earlier, and performing basic syntax cleanup (dropping &function() syntax, enforcing plain name for magic variables, and direct object syntax for constructors).

Sofar, there is no refactoring involved. Does it really need to be discussed again ?

But unfortunately, I'm in new year vacation (in Japan, a few days
before and after arrival of new year, all works in the country
stops). Please give me a few days to respond you.
);
As we all have strongly disconnected schedules, this won't scale much if we have to wait each other approval before every single move. My unability to work on sympa during last two monthes, and even just to contribute to the discussion, for instance, is a perfect example of preventing everyone else if we apply this model too strictly.

We use a version control system, allowing to eventually revert changes if needed, and we have post-commit notifications, allowing peer code review. I think that make pretty safe to commit at least trivial changes, and discuss them thereafter if really needed. Of course, everyone has a different understanding of what 'trivial' means :)

--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information