devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] SQLSource encoding

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] SQLSource encoding
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 02:25:00 +0900

On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 17:21:11 +0200
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Le 25/07/13 16:49, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> >

> > Everything related to parameter binding in do_query and
> > do_prepared_query can be discarded, those methods don't exist anymore,
> > and binding is now delegated to DBI internals.
> As we speak about it: why not keeping a single function to do all the
> query business?
> We always do the same succession of calls to do a query to database. I
> refactored all them in do_query and even planned to cover the final mile
> by fetching data in this sub and sending the hashref or arrayref we
> needed actually in the code.

I wonder whether non-binding version of do_query() may be discarded
or not.

- Statement cache (either implemented in DB engine or emulated by DBI)
will be cleaned unexpectedly earlier, if queries by users for each
are prepared.

- Before any expressive ORM is integrated into Sympa, do_query()
function to execute raw SQL seems to be required.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児