devel - [sympa-developpers] SQLSource encoding

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] SQLSource encoding
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:48:45 +0200

Hi,

I'm merging SQLSource to Sympa::Datasource::SQL (the problem will be the same in Sympa::Database).

Problem: In the 6.2 branch, Soji added the enforcement of the UTF-8 encoding on the client side for all supported engines. It was done in the "establish_connection" sub. Now, in SQL.pm, we only have a "connect" sub with no part related to a given RDBMS.The sub modules for each RDBMS don't have a "connect" sub. So where can we enforce UTF-8 usage? Can we create an "enforce_utf8" sub in each module, which will be called in the SQL::connect?

I commit the SQL.pm without this problem solved. I'll fix it once we have agreed over a solution.

Regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Infrastructure pour les Services Informatiques

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER