devel - [sympa-developpers] Refatroing spool classes was Re: [sympa-commits] sympa[9263] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/src: [-dev] Messagespool has its own constructor new()

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Refatroing spool classes was Re: [sympa-commits] sympa[9263] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/src: [-dev] Messagespool has its own constructor new()
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:18:06 +0900

Hi,

I hope that Sympa 6.2 will be released in this summer at latest,
as one of our users want to use tracking feature.

Now spool classes had been reconstructed much, and they are
a bit unstable. It must be solved to realize my hope!

So backtracking a bit, I'll explain my plan.

On Thu, 23 May 2013 18:58:25 +0900
IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:

> In addition, I'm considering a few more classes (in these weeks I'm
> working offline to refactor codes on interaction between Message object
> and spools):

There are roughly two tasks:

1. The interfaces of spool classes SHOULD handle objects (Message,
Task, ...) instead of contents themselves (messages as string,
hash references, ...).

2. Message object SHOULD carry these information:
- Content of message.
- Envelope sender/recipients.
- Target list.
- Other meta information (DKIM parameters etc.).

As a result, the process to forward a post to subscribers will
become as below, for a simplified example:

$spool = ClassOfIncomingSpool->new();
$message = $spool->next(); # Gets a post as Message object.

# Twirling Message object...

$message->{'envelope_sender'} =
$message->{'list'}->get_address('return_path');
$message->{'envelope_rcpt'} = [extracted subscribers of
$message->{'list'}];
$message->send(); # Sends message using its envelope.
$spool->remove_message($message); # Remove from spool.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児