devel - [sympa-developpers] Error samples needed

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Error samples needed
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 18:12:43 +0100

Hello dear fellow sympa hacker.

As you may have noticed, I started to import messages samples, as .eml files, in the t/samples directory of my sympa-cleanup branch. I use them for testing purpose, both for fixing code (I'm quite sure than bounce processing was mostly broken) and to ensure no regression is used before refactoring.

The more samples we have (actually, the more different kind of samples), the more coverage we'll have for our tests. Especially given the whole lot of exotic case found in the code (X400 stuff, ouch...). So, if you have access to additional error notification messages (lotus, exchange, etc...), please import them, and eventually extend the corresponding tests (t/tools_bounce.t), thanks.

Regarding personal informations found in those samples, I just obfuscated passwords sofar, but we should probably obfuscate email addresses too.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information

  • [sympa-developpers] Error samples needed, Guillaume Rousse, 02/05/2013