devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] First milestone reached: ready to merge

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] First milestone reached: ready to merge
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:52:32 +0100

Le 19/12/2012 11:07, David Verdin a écrit :
Most files and directories there now have consistent svn properties
(svn:eol-style, and svn:keywords), and consistent file headers
(including vim and emacs modelines).
It's good. I don't think anybody codes Sympa from a Windows platform but
forcing the eol style is a good thing.
What do the modelines do? (I abandonned emacs last year, when I
discovered geany).
I forget this one, sorry. Those modelines just predefines editor variables so as to comply with the indentation policy we discussed previously. This prevent individual preference to prevail and clutter the sources foreach different commiter.

The vim one says:
- ft=perl => file type is perl (useful for files difficult to identify automatically, such as Constants.pm.in)
- noet => don't convert tabs to spaces
- sw=8 => indentation step is 8 columns
- wrap => wrap long lines
- textwidth=78 => text width is 78 columns
Using long names everywhere (noexpand, softwidth) would be better.

The emacs one is just (I don't use it enough
- indent-tabs-mode: t => use tabulation for indentation

--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information