devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[8261] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/src/lib: [dev] split AUTOLOAD of Site to Site and Robot,

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[8261] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/src/lib: [dev] split AUTOLOAD of Site to Site and Robot,
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:50:11 +0100

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:21:25AM +0900, IKEDA Soji wrote:
> is also used in current code). Would you please explain me what
> problem(s) Package::Stash will solve?

I have to admit that's an old feeling here. but AFAIR:

* i experienced some hard time debugging a stupid typo just because it
was silently caught by the AUTOLOAD (which was hidden in
the code, no warning in the doc).

* PBP says "Don't use it at all". I know it's not a bible but i remember
my agreeness on this chapter (naming conventions and readable regular
expressions are also something to read).

But i realize we just are in something cultural. the same is when i
don't want to write something that already exists: just my "personal
perl culture".

regards
--
Marc Chantreux
Université de Strasbourg, Direction Informatique