devel - [sympa-dev] session problems continued, and fixed

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] session problems continued, and fixed
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:06:59 -0700

Hey all. We were still having weird problems with session management even after applying that recent fix, including cross-talk between different virtual robots and between SSL and non-SSL connections.

So, I just tried switching from mod_fastcgi to mod_fcgid, and although I haven't been able to do a lot of testing yet, I think that seems to have fixed it. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping.

Is Sympa being developed now on mod_fcgid? If so, I think the best solution here is probably for you to no longer advertise compatibility with mod_fastcgi, which seems to do some bad things with sessions, and require everyone to move to mod_fcgid. It was a *very* easy transition for me.

I hope this helps.

adam