devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Patch to make LDAP login behaviour more predictible

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Patch to make LDAP login behaviour more predictible
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 15:08:46 +0200

Hi Paul!

Well that two files properties... That's a problem I want to fix very soon, but as it is not that big of a problem, I always had something more urgent to do until now.
Actually, the properties changes for these two files regards the svn:mergeinfo properties only.

A little background can help you understand the situation: There are 6 active SVN branches (in addition to the main development trunk) for now in the Sympa project. Two stabilization branches and four side projects. When we fix a bug, it is wise to transfer the bug fix to all the branches to avoid a too great divergence from the trunk. It helps the fusion once the work on a branch is over and needs to be transferred to the trunk. Until recently, we used manual patches. But the merge option in SVN (> 1.5) is so easy to use that we changed our habits, and so far it works great.

Safe for those two...

Since the first time we changed the way we handle the different development branches of the Sympa subversion repository, there has always been a discrepancy between a branch and another, whatever branch we work on, for these files only, on the svn:merge property only. This has no impact at all on the Sympa code or on the efficiency of the merges, but they keep appearing in the commit summaries because of it, and it's becoming annoying.

I'll fix that right as soon as possible, but that probably implies manually setting the svn:merge property for these files on all the Sympa branches.

Life is pain... ;-)

Regards,

David

Paul Menzel a écrit :