devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Install script not picking up success on CPAN modules

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Lyle <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Install script not picking up success on CPAN modules
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:56:04 +0100

David Verdin wrote:
Any thoughts / tips about these aims?

Personally with my own Perl apps I try to distribute as much of the CPAN stack as possible. For XS modules this is much harder, so I try to distribute Pure Perl alternatives with my app, and recommend installing the XS modules for extra speed. My code tries for the XS, then reverts to Pure Perl. For me this gives the best of both worlds.

PAR packager does have ways of packing up XS modules for multiple architectures, but I can't say how easy it is as I haven't used it yet...

Lyle