devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa Release?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa Release?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:02:06 +0100

Hi Roger,

That would definitively be more weeks than months.
Actually, after a review of what's left to do, we came up with the following timeline:

- Tuesday 21st April: release of Sympa 6.0 beta.
- Tuesday 16th June: release of the stable version of Sympa 6.0

We think that a testing period lasting around six / seven weeks should cover most of the needs. We would then be able to release the stable version during June.
More informations about beta testing Sympa 6 in a further announcement. Soon. In days. ;)

Regards,

Roger B.A. Klorese a écrit :
David Verdin wrote:
As for the next major version, 6.0 version beta should be out in a near future. The new distribution process still needs some ironing before it is fully usable. That's why I don't give a date: this kind of things can be time consuming.

Would you estimate this to be weeks or months? I'm working on setting up a new large implementation and would hold off if I knew we could start with a reasonably feature-complete 6.0 beta.

(And welcome to Seattle, Charles.)

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités