devel - Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa failure after an upgrade to perl 5.10

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] wwsympa failure after an upgrade to perl 5.10
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:10:21 +0200

Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
Olivier Salaün a écrit :
Hi Guillaume,

We'll perform some tests with Perl 5.10 ourselves. Could you please
submit an "official" bug report in our tracking system :
https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23
Just as was doing it, it tested it again to check something, and it was
working fine... I don't understand what happened.

Anyway, I reported the issue with symbols redefinition
https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3953&group_id=23&atid=167

Just for personal curiosity, how does wwsympa run under sympa uid,
without having mod_suexec installed ? I thought setgid bit was not
working for perl scripts ?
There are many ways to run wwsympa.fcgi as the 'sympa' user, most of them being well described here : http://www.sympa.org/manual/web-interface#wwsympa.fcgi_access_permissions

Standard solution used to be a setuid bit on wwsympa.fcgi, but setuidperl is considered unsecure and therefore no distributed with most linux distributions.
A better solution consists in using sudo, but it has the drawback of requiring some configuration effort of sudo environment.
Current preferred solution is to set setuid bit on a C wrapper around wwsympa.fcgi. The big advantage of this solution is that it does not require any third-party configuration for the administrator.