devel - [sympa-dev] new version install

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] new version install
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:43:39 +0200

When I did the upgrade from 5.4 to 5.4.1 I noticed an issue. I left the 5.4
version in place and just did the 'make install' from 5.4.1 over top of it.
Doing that, I did not get all the changes. Only a change in sympa_wizard.pl
showed up. I keep sympa in an svn repository and was loading the changes into
my vendor branch, so that's how I noticed. When I moved the old /home/sympa
out of the way and installed 5.4.1 fresh, I got all of the changes.

Would running the sympa.pl --upgrade have done the changes to wwsympa.fcgi
and
Lock.pm that I missed? I haven't gotten around to that yet (the system is not
in production yet).