devel - Re: [sympa-dev] New version without changelog... April fools ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] New version without changelog... April fools ?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 17:01:58 +0200

Hi,

No, not april fool at all.
We fixed some bugs in the 5.4, particularly one that was a pain for people modifying templates through the web interface.
Indeed, we didn't update the NEWS file, which was bad. I'll do it.
We thought it was better to increase the rate of new releases. But don't be afraid : we won't release a new Sympa any three days. New releases will probably occur more often just after a new major version has been released, because this is the time when most of the bugs are reported.

So this is the actual changelog for version 5.4.1:

Bug fixes:

[Reported by J.M. Beuken, univ. cat. Louvain] When copying a template through
the web interface, HTML was not unescaped before writing the file. c
onsequently, the file used to reload the page for template edition had
escaped HTML. for critical files such as main.tt2 or title.tt2, this caused
the web page diaply to choke on tt2 parse errors.

Changes:

Increasing log levels in low level functions of Log.pm.

Regards,

Olivier Berger a écrit :
Hi... the subject says pretty much everything...

What's the diff betw. 5.4.0 and 5.4.1 ?

David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités