devel - Re: [sympa-dev] task_manager.pl fails with syslog error

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Porkchop <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] task_manager.pl fails with syslog error
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:12:22 +0100

Sorry for the lack of answer there. Sometimes time just flies away.
That was a problem we had with Sys::Syslog : it croaks when it fails to connect to syslog.
We modified this behaviour in our development branch. We also added a warning to listmaster when logs fail. Here is the patch :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/trunk/src/Log.pm?r1=4611&r2=4626&view=patch

Regards,

Porkchop a écrit :
I attempted to ask the users list; that may have not been the correct place
to ask.
Everything in my install appears to function except...

root@lostcause:/home/sympa/bin# ./task_manager.pl -d
tools::write_pid() Previous process 31817 died suddenly ; notifying listmaster
Language::SetLang() Language::SetLang(), missing locale parameter
syslog: invalid level/facility: info at /home/sympa/bin/Log.pm line 101
root@lostcause:/home/sympa/bin#

The error comes from Sys::Syslog. Not sure why its coming. My facility is set
to local1, and everything appears to be logging properly (tho I have yet to
see a syslog message from task_manager.pl).

Google, etc no help so far... any ideas?
Sys::Syslog is up to date (0.21). Sympa is latest, 2.3.3.

TIA!
-porkchop

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

  • Re: [sympa-dev] task_manager.pl fails with syslog error, David Verdin, 11/15/2007