devel - Re: [sympa-dev] new authentication option

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] new authentication option
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:55:11 +0100

address@concealed wrote:
We have been successfully running Sympa with modifications for over 2 years at
Eastern Mennonite University. If these modifications would be useful to
others, I would be pleased to see them become standard features.

Specifically, we have added a fourth authentication level that uses the
authentication credentials we require our users to provide to our ESMTP
server.
The feature you describe is really great and can help many users while SMTP/AUTH is more and more required everywhere. We will probably add it as a standard feature if you can provide it as a patch. Unfortunitly, the latest stable version : 5.3 is now quite far from 5.0 and we are working on version 5.4 for a long time now. Would you prepare a patch for the svn trunk version ?

Serge Aumont