devel - [sympa-dev] Discussions about technical options on Debian package here ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Discussions about technical options on Debian package here ?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:18:06 +0200

Hi.

I have proposed to Stefan Hornburg to discuss publically some of the
options, issues, and other technical aspects of the Debian packaging of
Sympa.

There's no dedicated list yet elsewhere... and that may be too much
noise for you upstream developpers of Sympa.

Any opinion is this is off-topic to the current list ?

We could easily setup a list somewhere else I suppose... on the other
hand, it may be usefull to strenhten relationships between upstream and
maintainer (and users) now that Sympa is back in sync with your stable
version (almost).

Why I'm messing with other people's business, you may ask ? I'm neither
Debian maintainer of the package (nor official Debian developper), nor
Sympa co-author ;)

But I'm pretty much interested in Debian packaging of an up-to-date
version of Sympa for the use in PicoForge (a libre "forge" :
www.picoforge.org), which integrates various tools as Debian packages
(phpgroupware apps, twiki, sympa, svn, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Best regards,

P.S.: I hope I get the oportunity to discuss that with you IRL at JRES
2007, where we'll also present a poster on PicoForge (and a paper on
contribution/collaboration with libre projects :
http://www-public.int-edu.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2007/09/14/papier-collaboration-avec-des-projets-libres-enjeux-difficultes-et-bonnes-pratiques-jres-2007/
pretty much drawing from our experience with Debian and Sympa in developping
PicoForge ;)
--
Olivier BERGER <address@concealed> (ATTENTION : new address)
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF