devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:32:38 +0200

Hi Sergiy,

We had in mind that sharing scenario data among the lists could save some memory but not to that extent.
We definitely have to change this behavior of the code ; hopefully I can do it in the next weeks.

Sergiy Zhuk a écrit :
Well, at some point you won't be able to add more memory to your box ;)
And it's the $list_of_lists{$name} doing that in task_manager too.
Try commenting it out, your process should run at about 20Mb vs 900Mb plus.
Also, most of those 900Mb are taken by scenarios.
I've disabled scenarios in _load_list_param() and the process went down from
900Mb to 160Mb.

So sharing scenarios between lists rather than caching them for every list
and trimming down %list_of_lists stuff should help significantly.
I guess even the first step should be sufficient.
I can live with 160Mb for 12,000 plus lists..