devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:44:38 -0700 (PDT)

hi

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 address@concealed wrote:

> With the latest set of my patches installed, wwsympa has a footprint of 48M
> -- and it has remained that way for three days now.

Not enough people using GUI or looking for lists ?
Mine goes from 50Mb to about 900Mb in a day.

> was to improve the start up time of sympa. I am aware that this cache will
> eventually get populated, but that is not at all a concern.

Well, at some point you won't be able to add more memory to your box ;)
And it's the $list_of_lists{$name} doing that in task_manager too.
Try commenting it out, your process should run at about 20Mb vs 900Mb plus.
Also, most of those 900Mb are taken by scenarios.
I've disabled scenarios in _load_list_param() and the process went down
from 900Mb to 160Mb.

So sharing scenarios between lists rather than caching them for every list
and trimming down %list_of_lists stuff should help significantly.
I guess even the first step should be sufficient.
I can live with 160Mb for 12,000 plus lists...

thanks

--
rgds,
serge