devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Noise in the db / list sync diffs
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:33:50 -0700

Salut,

Very good to hear. I am now looking to optimize taskmanager.pl - I have
managed to trim the memory usage for wwsympa by adding db caching, and
will now try to do the same for Task.pm.

With 11K lists, taskmanager.pl consumes 1.2GB of memory on a 64bit machine.
I believe that this is because of @task_list, %task_by_list and
%task_by_model.

The logging is a bit verbose as well, so I am changing the log_level in
most of the do_log calls from 'notice' to 'debug2' -- the verbosity of
logging creates many gigabytes of log-files a day.

Thanks again for your attention to these matters Sergiy!

Take care,
Charles Paul