devel - [sympa-dev] RE: Re: LDAP Authentication

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Chris Andrews" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] RE: Re: LDAP Authentication
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:04:10 -0400

This seems to be more of a Sympa-users question. I do not think removing
the bind info will help, they are missing the regex value, here is what ours
looks like:

ldap
regexp .*bc.edu

Then after our LDAP info we have:

user_table
negative_regexp .*bc.edu

So when a user authenticates:

johndoe = LDAP lookup

address@concealed = LDAP lookup

address@concealed = User Table

Also make sure your Sympa user has read access to your "mail" attribute.
If the LDAP look up Sympa uses does not return a value for mail then it
counts as a invalid authentication. Hope that helps.

---
Chris Andrews
Boston College
Collaboration Team