devel - [sympa-dev] Re: "re:" munging

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Hatuka*nezumi - IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: "re:" munging
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:19:24 +0100

Hi Soji,

We totaly agree with the design you propose for this new feature. We'd also recommend adding a related parameters that controls if Sympa does re: munging or not. Both parameter should have a common prefix ; we suggest
  • re_munging_feature on|off
  • re_munging_style prepend|follow
We are currently working on consolidating the 5.3 version of Sympa, therefore we can't add new features until 5.3 is released. But you can still submit a patch in the tracking system.

Thanks.

Hatuka*nezumi - IKEDA Soji wrote:
This post is related to a tracker item:
  http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1044&group_id=23&atid=170

I wish "re: munging" to be implemented on Sympa.  This feature, for
example, will modify subject field of post as following:

  Distributed: "Subject: [list] Re: blahblah"
           or: "Subject: Re: [list] blahblah"

Multiple "re:" are unified.  For more details, please read tracker
above.

Note that two styles are possible:

  - Someones prefer that custom_subject of distribeted
    messages will always be placed in front of subject body
    so that it is easy to determine whether they are via
    list or not.

  - Others prefer that "Re:" in front of subject body
    will be placed before custom_subject of distributed messages
    so that it is easy to determine whether they are originating
    new thread or the follow-ups.

So I propose a new list parameter:

re_style (prepend|follow)

    Indicates where unified "re:" may be placed by "re: mungung".

    prepend:
        When subject header of post begins with "Re: [list]",
        unified "re:" will be placed before custom_subject.
    follow:
        Unified "re:" will be placed after custom_subject always.

Comments, suggestions or objections please.

  • [sympa-dev] "re:" munging, Hatuka*nezumi - IKEDA Soji, 12/10/2006
    • [sympa-dev] Re: "re:" munging, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 12/11/2006