devel - [sympa-dev] Re: making "add" require subscriber confirmation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Maurice Massar <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Maurice Massar <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: making "add" require subscriber confirmation
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 01:49:11 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 08:41:17PM +0100, Serge Aumont wrote:
> Maurice Massar a écrit :
> >On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 05:47:30PM +0100, address@concealed wrote:
> >>Maurice Massar a e'crit :

> >>Why not use invite limited to list owner ? I can't understand where this
> >>is defferent from what
> >>you want.
> >>

> >invite is different insofar that even an invite sent by the list owner
> >must be acknowledege by the list owner.
> Not true : this is not hardcoded but configured in a scenario named
> invite.xxx where xxx is what
> you apply to the list configuration. You may change it going to the list
> admin menu > privileges
> then eit the invite section. Remeber that if you modify or create a
> scenario, you must restart
> sympa or touch (change the date) of the list config file.

not quite..

consider a list to:
add closed
invite owner
subscribe auth_owner

Now, an listowner loggs in to the web-interface and invites some user
(hmm.. ignoring the fact that there is no invite button in the
web-interface, and the forbidden "add" button is still there):

1) authenticated owner tells sympa to invite address@concealed
2) sympa sends a mail to address@concealed containing:
$command = "auth $keyauth sub $which $comment";
3) address@concealed replies to sympa with this token
4) sympa sees the list is configured to auth_owner and send to owner:
'keyauth' => $list->compute_auth($sender,'add')
5) owner issues add with corresponding token
6) sympa sees the list is configured add.closed and denies the request.

According to http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node15.html an action in a
scenario can be:
<action> ::= do_it [,notify]
| do_it [,quiet]
| reject(reason=<reason_key>) [,quiet]
| reject(tt2=<tpl_name>) [,quiet]
| request_auth
| owner
| editor
| editorkey[,quiet]
| listmaster

I don't see a way how to let "add" generate a challenge to the
subscriber (after having identified the listowner with md5 or smime).
Neither how to allow "subscribe" which was a response to an "invite".
Nor how to deny quiet adds...

Did I miss something somwhere?

thanks & cu
maurice