devel - [sympa-dev] Re: making "add" require subscriber confirmation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Maurice Massar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Maurice Massar <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: making "add" require subscriber confirmation
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:02:57 +0100

hi,

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 05:47:30PM +0100, address@concealed wrote:
> Maurice Massar a e'crit :
> >we want to change the behavior of add to require a confirmation by the
> >subscriber in question. If I'm not mistaken the "add.auth" scenari only
> >requests auth from the listowner. Further this is different from
> >"invite" as an acknowledged "add" challenge should not require owner
> >confirmation (if the list is configured to subscribe.*owner)..
> >
> >any suggestions on how to do this?
> >
> Why not use invite limited to list owner ? I can't understand where this is
> defferent from what you
> want.

invite is different insofar that even an invite sent by the list owner
must be acknowledege by the list owner. And if I am not mistaken
subscribe owner / auth_owner sends a request to the listowner to confirm
an add command.

What I want to prevent is that a list owner adds addresses to his own list
without consent of the people in question..

cu
maurice massar