devel - [sympa-dev] Re: CustomCondition and 5.2

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: CustomCondition and 5.2
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:58:58 +0100

Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your patch with other Sympa users.

Unfortunately we can't afford to add it to the sympa-5_2-branch stable CVS branch because we only apply bug fixes on it.

Jeff Abbott wrote:
I pulled what appeared to be the important bits out of 5.3a10's support for CustomCondition scenarios and have applied that to our 5.2 installation that we're going to be putting into production hopefully sometime this weekend. I've attached a patch that I'd like anyone who's interested to take a look at -- please feel free to criticize if you see that I'm doing something wrong or have forgotten something, and note that the patch doesn't update any documentation. In my testing it appears to work exceptionally well at solving our single biggest problem we've run into with Sympa, which is people sending to lists with one email address when they're subscribed with another (since we, like several institutions, have multiple addresses per user). Thanks a bunch to S. Amrani and the rest of the Sympa team for their work!