devel - Re: [sympa-dev] working on CSS for my site, is latest CVS stable?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] working on CSS for my site, is latest CVS stable?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:20:10 +0200

I forgot to mention that the next Sympa release (probably 5.3) will include many changes in the CSS. Adrien Brard is currently working on gathering all style elements in the CSS and making the Sympa GUI accesible for disabled people. This work is not finished yet and is done in a side CVS branch.

Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:

I don't think the latest CVS version will be stable enough ; we didn't run it on our site yet.
You can have a try with the 5.3a.4 version instead. It has been running here for the whole summer without any problem.

address@concealed wrote:

Hi there, I'm working on the CSS for my list site,

http://lists.semacode.org/sympa/arc/appdev

I'd like to run the latest CVS, but I'm wondering, is it stable enough to just download whatever is currently in CVS and just run it on a normal site? Or will it be very unstable?

I'm wondering because it would make it much easier for me to generate a useful patch, but I don't want to run the CVS version if it's going to crash or have weird bugs.