devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa 5.2.1 clustering

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa 5.2.1 clustering
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:06:40 +0200

Hi Sergiy,

Nothing new in Sympa 5.2.x to cope with clustering.
We did have time to include the patch from Kazuo Moriwaka yet :
Downloading sympa 5.2.1 : http://www.sympa.org/distribution/

Is NFS locking all you need to run Sympa in a cluster architecture ?

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:
I wonder if it's possible now to run sympa.pl and web server on different boxes with a shared nfs-mounted filesystem.
That would help to scale up a system.
I seem to remember a patch submitted for that, but I don't think it was applied or was it ?
I have about 12,000 lists now, so sympa processes are consuming about 700Mb each plus sympa.pl simply can't cope with the traffic volume creating mail backlogs.
I'd like to split backend and front-end boxes and also run several queue processing daemons...
Is this something 5.2.x can help me with ?