devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Proposal: Milter-Interface for sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Proposal: Milter-Interface for sympa
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:04:28 +0200

Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

So yesterday the number of bounces sent by my Listserv has been reduced
by 30%, just using this milter. I very, very happy about that. ;-)

Given the trouble spamcop gave me during the last year, I do believe
that a milter interfacing to sympa would be worth the effort. I'll
certainly do a proof of concept.

Ok, if you produce a contrib that make a sympa milter server, we will do our best to introduce it in a future version.
And of course I understand your concerns regarding code management.
However, DoMessage currently looks (just skimming..) like "setup,
pre_checking, create_context, do_check_list_authz,
acting_upon_list_authz". Bad simplification, I know, sorry.
However, if DoMessage was split like this, an additional Milter-Daemon
might just invoke "setup, pre_checking, create_context,
do_check_list_authz, return_list_authz_to_mta", which might be little
additional overhead for code management. Currently DoMessage is about
250 lines, IMHO that's a rather large method, personally I'd split it in
smaller methods anyhow. ;-)

Right. Your are welcome if you make it better structured.

Current scenario can return "doit", "editor","request_auth" and "reject" , only reject is concerned. In addition the scenario can return "reject,quiet". In such case, no notification is sent to the original sender (may be something very near what you are looking for). What do you suggest the Sympa milter server could do with "reject" and "reject,quiet" ?

Serge