devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa 5.2b

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Sympa 5.2b
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:16:08 -0500

On Feb 28, 2006, at 12:05 PM, address@concealed wrote:

Here it 5.2b

Yay! I do have some questions though:

VERP (Variable Envelop Return Path) for bounce management

How configurable is this? One of my concerns is that we've got lots of large lists, and suffering the performance hit of having to send out 4000 separate messages rather than being able to group them together into, say, 100 batches of 40 as it could without VERP. I'd love for it to be able to, for instance, only VERP one out of every ten messages, or only VERP REMIND messages.

Message topics : list messages can be tagged with topics. List owner defines a set of topics for the list. List members can select topics and only receive related messages. See documentation for more info.

This is very cool, and is one of the features of Mailman that we were interested in. I'll be sure to give this some testing if I can.

Special thanks to Gwenaelle who is now working at Rennes 1 university. Many of the new features cames from her job.

Thanks Gwenaelle, and of course Serge and Olivier!

Jeff