devel - Re: [sympa-dev] adding functions to wwsympa.fcgi

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] adding functions to wwsympa.fcgi
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:30:28 +0200

John-Paul Robinson wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to add a few functions to the wwsympa.fcgi program. I've added
the function definition to the %comm hash and created the stubs in a
similar fashion to:

sub do_sendssopasswd {
do_log('info', 'do_sendssopasswd(%s)', $in{''});
return 1;
}

Are there any additional areas where a function must be defined?
You may define its default argument in %action_args . Then they can be extracted from the url and affected to parameters as defined in "action_args" hash. Do it even if your procedure is not supposed to have argument (see exemple 'home').

Also, could you provide me with a little insight into the construction and return of the URL to the client? It looks like I should be able to set the $path and have that get returned to the client, but I'm not sure how this gets converted into the response.

I am note very sure of what you are looking for. I guess you want to control what sympa will do after do_sendssopassword. An action subroutine can finish with "return 1" or "return 'somenewaction' " so wwsympa will continue with the new action requested. This is used in subroutine do_login to exec the login request and return to the previous action (the page wehe the authentication was requested). In can be used also to redirect the user the page where is comming from if the variable $in{'referer'} is initialized. Have a look at all "return" ending do_login subroutine it will give you a clear idea of how it works.

Hope this help.
Serge