devel - [sympa-dev] Editing customizable list files through wwsympa 4.1.5

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Antoine Delvaux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Editing customizable list files through wwsympa 4.1.5
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:19:21 +0100

Hello,

I think the correction of the file edition bug in wwsympa.fcgi version 4.1.5
is not bugproof. One cannot edit a file that is not already existing.

To reproduce the bug, create a new list and try to edit the message footer or
header, or even the list homepage. This result in no file being selected.

The problem seems to be related with the patch introduced to look for the
correct language template. I think the following patch on wwsympa.fcgi
solves the problem:

antoine:/home/sympa-o/bin# diff wwsympa.fcgi wwsympa.fcgi.orig
3828a3829,3831
my @path = split /\//,$param->{'filepath'};
$param->{'file'} = $path[$#path];

I think this code should be deleted because the whole do_editfile function
doesn't deal with a language choice, it's always the language of the list
that is used (one cannot create different language files for a single list
through the webinterface). Therefore, keeping the language suffix in the
list file name doesn't make much sense.

Or have I overlooked something? See also bug report #397

HTH,

Antoine.

--
-- Cassiopea http://www.cassiopea.org --
. . . Pour un InTERREnet associatif, libre et équitable

Préférez les messages en texte simple au lieu de ceux en HTML.
http://www.e-solidaire.net/article44.html

  • [sympa-dev] Editing customizable list files through wwsympa 4.1.5, Antoine Delvaux, 03/24/2005